Appraisals and Liquidations was founded in 2004 by Janis R. Scott after retiring from the banking trust sector where she was a liaison between clients and fiduciaries.
Virginia E. McCuin has a degree in Interior Design and worked in the antique market prior to joining the company.
Together, we are a woman owned, family operated business - Where we tie up loose ends with care and compassion. Our services include date of death appraisals, facilitating estate sales and staging homes for sale.
Appraisals and Liquidations Mission
We tie up loose ends with care and compassion
Our experienced and dedicated team understands the difficulties families have dealing with the loss of loved ones or major life changes.
We understand that an estate embodies a family's curation, lovingly collected over decades. These collections represent memories that are as important to us, as to you our client.
The stress of tying up business and personal affairs is often compounded by tight timelines and/or external factors impacting the end goal. Our mission is to help to reduce this stress, and oversee every aspect of the process.
We assess, coordinate and organize the distribution or sale of personal property of an estate.
Appraisals and Liquidations can oversee, direct and manage the following:
- Appraisals and/or valuations of personal property
- Document shredding
- Ship designated items to others
- Pack, transport, and deliver items to donation centers and/or alternate locations
- Gather trash/debris and transport to landfill
- Assist in decluttering the residence
- Stage residence for resale
- Facilitate the sale of personal property and vehicles to private parties or through a public estate sale